Rotary provides service to others, promotes integrity, and advances world understanding, goodwill, and peace through our fellowship of business, professional, and community leaders.
The District 9650 Mission: We will be the service organisation of choice with dynamic, action oriented clubs whose contributions improve lives in communities worldwide. Made up of ordinary people doing extraordinary things.
WHY A STRATEGIC PLAN?
THE DISTRICT SEEKS TO ELIMINATE DUPLICATION AND WASTED RESOURCES AND TO ENSURE THE RIGHT PROGRAMS AND RESOURCES ARE ACTIVATED WHERE THEY ARE NEEDED, AT THE TIME OF NEED, HENCE WE NEED TO PLAN. BE IT TO GROW ROTARY SO THAT WE ARE THE SERVICE CLUB OF RELEVANCE BOTH NOW AND INTO THE FUTURE.
TO ENSURE THE DECISIONS WE MAKE AT CLUB, DISTRICT , NATIONAL AND INTERNATIONAL LEVEL ARE SEEN TO BE WELL THOUGHT OUT DECISIONS FOR THE PRESENT AS WELL AS FUTURE GENERATIONS.
OUR PLAN DELIVERS ON A PROMISE FOR CONSISTENCY, CONTINUITY & SUSTAINABILITY AND WE HOPE TO INSPIRE YOU TO TURN CONVERSATIONS INTO ACTION.
Of the things we think, say or do
1.Is it the TRUTH?
2. Is it FAIR to all concerned?
3. Will it build GOODWILL and BETTER
4. Will it be BENEFICIAL to all concerned?
AS ROTARIANS, WHO ARE PROUD, PASSIONATE AND COMMITTED TO THE WORK OF ROTARY, WE SEEK YOUR SUPPORT AND DRIVE IN SETTING GOALS FOR THE NEXT 3 YEARS
SO WE CAN:
- TAKE ON MORE REWARDING CHALLENGES;
- KEEP STRIVING TO IMPROVE ROTARYS IMPACT ON LIVES;
- DOMESTICALLY AND ACROSS THE WORLD;
- BETTER HARNESS AND UTILISE AVAILABLE RESOURCES.
Our vision is to strengthen Rotary in District 9650 to ensure continuity, sustainability and the maximum possible impact of our work into the future through:-
• Supporting and strengthening clubs in RI District 9650
• Focusing on humanitarian service
• Enhancing our public image and awareness
• Encouraging diversity and strength across membership
• Being innovative, creative and engaging with membership and community
Where are we now?
• We have 56 Rotary Clubs, 1569 Rotarians and a significant body of supporters in our families, friends and community. Our involvement in Rotary and community projects is admired.
• Membership growth however, is stagnant and our average age is rising.
• As with most voluntary organisations, raising funds is difficult and not likely to improve in the near future, we need to be more innovative in this regard.
• We need clearer communications through the media about our work and its value in the broader community.
• We need to build our skills to take full advantage of the latest technology in all aspects of our work.
Where do we want to be in 3 years?
• To be the service organisation of choice with dynamic, action orientated Clubs whose contributions improve lives in communities and across the world.
• To be a significant supporter of the Rotary Foundation with 100% of Rotarians as Centurions.
• Embrace systems, technology and RI directions for effective communication and the promotion of our work internally and externally via Rotary Club Central and local media.
• To have sustainable plans in place to ensure efficient and effective use of resources to maximise the impact of our efforts and contributions.
Strategies to help us achieve our vision
Service organisation of choice
- Promote Diversity in Clubs,
Dynamic, action orientated clubs whose contributions Improve lives
- Encourage and reward Innovation;
- Start new Clubs and grow membership;
- Contribute to the eradication of Polio in the world;
- Clubs getting involved in sustainable programs through District and Global Grants;
- Increase sustainability through Youth Service programs.
Grow support to build the Rotary Foundation
- 100% of D9650 Rotarians as Centurions;
- Encourage all clubs to make a contribution to the Rotary Foundation as our charity of choice.
Increase awareness of Rotary Programs and Impact on lives
- Promote District Goals and programs through Assistant Governors;
- Increase participation training to District, Club Leaders and Rotarians;
- Increase impact of Rotary work through collaboration and connection with other organisations;
- Promote Rotary programs locally and nationally;
- Promote D9650 achievements through registration on RI Club Central;
- Increase participation in Rotary Conferences.
Up to date systems, technology and skills in place to enable effective communication and promotion of
our work internally and externally.
- Increase participation in training for District, Club leaders and Rotarians;
- Increased utilization of social media and websites.
Sustainable plans in place to ensure efficient and effective use of resources to maximise the impact of our
efforts and contributions.
- Encourage strategic planning by asking all clubs to have a 1 year plan, then a 3 year plan;
- Ensure compliance with statutory requirements.
How will we know if we are getting there?
Targets and KPIs
|Stronger and more resilient district||Numbers and % Diversity|
|All Clubs have a 1 year plan||% of Clubs|
|All Clubs have active website and Facebook site||% of Clubs|
|Membership retention rates||% across a year from base|
|Membership growth||% net|
|Foundation membership||% Centurions in D9650|
|Foundation contribution||% $’s|
|Conference participation||% increase|
|PETS District Assembly participation||% increase|
|Clubs participating in technology training||% clubs|
|Clubs involvement with Social Media||% clubs|
|Club Goals and projects entered in Club Central||% clubs|